Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Stay at home mode

It's been nearly two weeks since this whole mess has been going on (you know, the virus, I hate mentioning the name of it). I'm waiting for something good to happen. Like for it to be ended somehow. A vaccine. A lift on the curfew. Hearing about more people recovering. Something. ANYTHING.

I went to the store earlier and I glanced at the front page of a local newspaper. It pertained to people wanting to know when will all this stop. I am human, and I think along those lines too. The headline referred to getting back to "normalcy." I thought, what was normal about before, except being able to leave your house on a whim? Then I thought, the way things were before was ANYTHING but normal... try ABNORMAL!

There are no public meetings, congregations, clubs, schools, parades, outings, get-togethers, reunions, family gatherings, churches, etc. We're all stuck at home, waiting for it to blow over.

The internet must be flooded with people because nobody can go out just to go out. This is like waiting out a blizzard, only worse, because these "snowflakes" are potentially lethal.

I heard of a podcast or something that had further instructions on how not to catch this bug. One of which is drink hot beverages like coffee or tea. Another is to drink warm, not cold, water, and avoid ice (so much for ice cream). Another is if you went out, when you get home, take a shower as soon as you get inside, and wash your clothes as much as possible, because the virus can get in your hair or clothing. Eat healthy foods like veggies. Don't smoke. Etc.

Of course we also have our "more common" common sense like wash your hands, cover your mouth, and avoid those who are sick or even appear sick. This is one nasty germ, and I'm praying somebody gets a muzzle on it soon.

Every time I think about it, I have to remember that God is over all of this. He will decide when it ends, if it ends. I say that because I don't know, but He does. I must say though, I have to make myself think spiritually, because this is one hum dinger of a trial. Yet I know that God will get the glory, and people will be saved from all this.