Friday, July 2, 2021

Plastic bags (and other environmental pollutants) ousted

 


I heard yesterday that the store we go to for groceries is putting an end to giving out plastic grocery bags. Why? You should already know that plastic bags are considered pollution and wasteful, and are "harmful to the environment." So pretty soon we'll have to use reusable, machine-washable cloth bags. 

You might say this is a good idea, and I agree to some point that it is. Since many people don't bother to clean up after themselves or put trash in trash cans, I constantly see discarded plastic bags in the streets that no doubt fall into the sewers, which indeed is harmful to the environment. I also know that when you give the liberals a foot, they take a mile, so they're going to push for even more pollutants to be eradicated. They call it "climate change" and "saving the earth" and other unproven, non-Biblical nonsense. This means more taxes and more money having to be spent to revert to electric appliances because the gas appliances we use now are going to be unusable and outlawed. Get ready to see gas heaters, ovens and dryers lined up for recycling day at a neighborhood near you.

I feel sorry for the employees who work for the companies that mass-produce these plastic bags. Many will be laid off or fired. How will they make a living then? It proves that today's politicians and this generation are selfish and self-centered, and they don't give a flip about who gets canned or is forced to draw unemployment. People today are deprived of common sense, not even having been taught how to put trash in a garbage can, let alone run any position of power. We are in bad shape, my friend, but thankfully, Jesus Christ is still on the throne.

There has already been an increase in gasoline prices for cars. This is no doubt trying to get people to revert to more expensive, electric vehicles like the Tesla. However this theory has holes in it because many people are used to buying gas for their vehicles, and although they may seem to save money by buying electric, they refuse to put out the money to transfer to electric. The liberals know this, so they'll continue to charge more and more for gas prices. But the younger generation is all for this New World Order, and their voice for it will not be silenced. We already have spoiled rotten, Godless brats running the government, and it's too late to shut them up now. The bottom line is, us right-wing old fogies and our old-timey ways are pretty much screwed (pardon my language). As for me, I refuse to worry about this. I live one day at a time, I believe God, and I will continue to trust in Him to supply our needs each and every day He allows us to live. 

I'm waiting for my landlord to send me a notice saying he's replacing all the gas heaters in his properties with electric ones, which no doubt may cause an increase in our rent. But so be it, until that day I will keep being content with my gas heater, stove, dryer, and such. If the Lord permit, I will keep living for Him and trusting in Him. My Bible says to be content with such things as you have, so I stand on that verse in these times of trouble.