Sunday, February 14, 2021

God IS dead, in this movie, that is

 I had to watch this disgusting movie called "God's Not Dead 2" at a church Valentine's Day event tonight. I say "had to" because that's what was being shown. From the get-go the movie reeked of lukewarmness, and there was total lack of solid King James Bible content. There was vile CCM music in the beginning credits. Of course there was, because nobody wants to listen to preaching from the Word of God in a movie. Someone told me that there are no movies that have the King James Bible preached in them. This is very disappointing and shameful. I think PureFlix should be called IMPUREFlix, because this movie and all other lukewarm vomit-worthy movies are IMPURE in the sight of God!!

The movie casted all young college-age people, attractive, thin, athletic, not a hair out of place, everything that worldly and backslidden Christian viewers would want to see. The fake pastor was dressed in jeans and his shirt was untucked. There's your typical lukewarm hireling. I'm surprised the movie didn't show him sitting on a stool spewing psychiatry at his zombie sycophantic congregation. I don't know what so-called "bible" was being used, but it surely wasn't the tried and true King James. I cringed at the way the verses were completely out of context and foreign to the KJB. There was NO Gospel presentation or conviction whatsoever. And this movie is two hours long? I couldn't take it, so I left and stayed in a different room until it was time to leave.

The movie centered around a young girl having been ousted by her family and in dire straits for someone to understand her. She asks her teacher about Jesus, saying if He said something along the lines of Ghandi (or somebody else) and the teacher responded with Ghandi was a great teacher like Jesus, and both Ghandi and Jesus said for us to love one another. (Maybe I'm getting it wrong because I could barely watch it.) I thought, what does Ghandi have to do with Jesus? So the teacher gets put on trial by a bunch of God-hating atheists in court and she's crucified for mentioning Jesus at all in her classroom, citing the now void argument of separation of church vs. state. How lame and vague can you get? This movie was terrible, a shining example of today's apostasy and hatred of the truth. They won't touch the King James Bible with a ten foot pole, but they hypocritically cast this woman as a spiritual criminal for saying the name of Jesus in her classroom (which honestly I think was ANOTHER Jesus because the movie pushed ANOTHER gospel). This movie is hypocrisy to the extreme. I wondered how our kids were taking it. I'm not sorry when I say I didn't appreciate wasting time having to watch this garbage, and that it cast down the whole good mood of our happy gathering. They never should have shown this trash at all in church.

I have this conviction that if the church I go to slips into the slightest degree of apostasy, such as using an NIV or singing CCM instead of the hymns, then I am gone and will never go back. I would never support a church that has backslidden, because once in that state, it is very hard to return to the tried and true ways. That's what happened to so many other churches lately, and I pray God forbid that my church would turn from Him like that. I pray it never happens, because it would break my heart, and I would have nowhere else to go.