Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Another hospital stay imminent

I don't normally post about personal situations like this but I am beginning to notice my left knee is showing similar signs, as my right knee did, of needing replacement soon. I don't know when, only God knows for sure, but I am at least confident in that He will help me through it, just like He did the first time in 2019. I am not scared or nervous at all, because I know that my left knee is deteriorating just like the right one did, and I went through the first TKR (total knee replacement) without a hitch. I know what to do and expect, and am confident that this surgery will be as much a success as the right side was. I am thankful for God's grace and the doctors and nurses who worked together to help me recover.

However, there is a big "WHAT IF" this time. Since covid began to dominate the gullible world, now hospitals have new rules and protocols to go by that don't seem to be changing or cancelling out anytime soon. I am wondering if I will need to get the covid shot before my surgery (whether I need it sooner or later), because logically, when you undergo surgery of any kind, you are at risk of catching diseases. Also, while you are recovering and must stay at the hospital, again, you are at risk. So I am going to ask my orthopedist about this when I see her next week. I wonder what she will say.

 I have the mindset of refusing the vaccine unless I must get it, and if the doctors say this surgery means I need it, then and only then will I get the jab. Otherwise, if I don't need it, forget it. Count me out. This vaccine is optional, so I say NO.

I am watching people I know who got this vaccine to see if they have some kind of reaction. I need physical proof when it comes to my health. I still can't imagine why this covid thing is not like any other disease. Why all the hype and politics? Was the flu shot ever such a hot topic? I'm tired of hearing about covid covid covid, SHOW ME THE PROOF the vaccine WILL WORK, and not kill me or change my DNA structure. In other words, I want the TRUTH!!