Tuesday, May 18, 2021

The Devil almost killed me today

I was out riding my electric bike, enjoying the ride, when on the way back I saw three people sitting outside a voting poll place. I had some Gospel tracts in my pack and the Lord told me to go talk to them. So I got off the bike, flipped the kickstand down, and, hastily donning my mask, walked over to one of the women. I offered her a tract and asked her if she was going to Heaven. 

The woman looked at me and said yes, she was going to Heaven. She saw what I was giving her and she held up her hand as if to block it. I asked, "Are you Catholic?" She said yes, she was Catholic. I felt bad for her and, offering the same tract, I moved on to the next woman, who replied the same as the first. 

Seeing nothing was going to change their minds, I went to the man sitting with them and held out the tract. He took it, and I told him "there is a cool website inside, you might want to check it out." He agreed, and I told them to have a nice day.

I mounted the bike and was about to leave when I saw a dead possum lying on the grass about ten feet away from where they were sitting. I said as an afterthought, "There's a dead possum over here. I hope someone picks it up," to which the man replied mockingly, "He's already in Heaven." I said nothing more and went on my way. I knew animals don't go to Heaven, but many people believe they do. On a good point, I also knew the Lord was pleased with me for at least trying.

Then I realized the Devil is alive and well and he hates me. On my way back home, while I was crossing a certain street, I saw a white car blow the stop sign and the front bumper come within several inches of my back wheel. The driver didn't stop but kept his foot on the gas right through the intersection and almost hit me, on purpose. I watched him coming closer and closer. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. I screamed as the bike seemed to slow down instead of accelerate. The battery was dead, and I used all my strength to pedal out of his way. I know that it was my angel who pulled me out of that street, and I stopped on the corner and began to weep with fright.

As I struggled to regain my composure, I thanked the Lord for sparing my life. My friend works at a nearby food bank, so I went there. I told her what just happened and she asked if I was all right. She offered me a water bottle which I gladly accepted, and after talking with her for a while I walked the bike home. I wanted to avoid riding in the street after that.

I know that God has His children (born again believers) and Satan has his children (the lost). Anyone who isn't born again is a child of Satan. Those Catholics at the polling place didn't budge on their beliefs and refused my tracts because they blindly follow the Devil's crowd, the pope, the priest and the sacraments. This is because Satan is the father of all Catholics (and all unsaved people), and he hates it when a Christian obeys Jesus Christ and tries to witness to them and remove them from his domain.

The reason why the Devil used those people in that car and try to run me over is because he doesn't want his kids to change their minds and get saved by the grace of God. He wanted me dead, bloody in the middle of the street, skull fractured, legs broken, bike demolished, sirens blaring, ambulances, paramedics, perhaps a coroner--- As far as he was concerned, he wanted me out of the picture permanently, but God spared my life and restored my zeal to try again another day and pass out more tracts. 

I knew it wasn't my time to die, and the Lord still has me here to serve Him in spite of what the Devil tries to do. For this I give Him all the glory and praise, and if He permits me to live tomorrow, I will be out there again to let Him lead me to give out the Gospel to a lost and dying world.