Thursday, January 7, 2021

CSPAN and Capitol Crime

Last night my son and I watched CSPAN for the Georgia ballot runoffs, curious to find out which side would hold out for the Senate and House. Now I never watch CSPAN or indulge in any political news, but I felt this was too important to miss. 

However, it came as an unwelcome surprise when suddenly we saw people breaking into the Capitol building and congregating out on the steps, waving all kinds of American flags and expressing their ire at Biden being official President-elect. I heard them referred to as everything from "Trump-supporters" to "civil terrorists." What I wondered at was, why weren't there police out there stopping them? And some Capitol police actually allowed these perpetrators inside the grounds?? Is something off here?

Don't quote me on this, but I believe these people were either tired of being under the bootheel of the COVID restrictions and wanted to get their anger out on those in authority, or they're misguided and probably wanted money and publicity to show off their support for Trump and hatred for the election result. But why tear up the Capitol building, when it's one of the most heavily guarded properties in America? Did they intend to kill anyone, because one poor woman did die from all this fiasco? I think they acted like demonic teenage gang members out to impress one another and Trump (and Satan was much pleased too, I might add). I agree with all who said they ought to be put behind bars. And apparently Trump liked the attention. I don't like Trump at all, but I'll keep my comments about him to myself. God will handle President Trump.

In my opinion, these people were paid to commit these acts of violence on the very spot where for centuries Congress peacefully determined the outcome of elections. I think they were either coerced, volunteered or even bribed to participate, having been told in secret that some in power wanted this to happen. I wonder how long this riot was in the works, and how those fanatics planned this out-- especially the ones who allowed these rioters inside the supposedly secure Capitol grounds. And when the riot police and National Guard did show up, they only told them to get off the Capitol steps and go home; not one arrest was made and no one was held accountable (that I know of). The whole thing stinks to high heaven, reeking of Satan's devices.

I heard also that this is unlikely behavior for conservatists. We're used to the left and liberals making an ungodly fuss, but the right? The ones who think things through and are steeped in preserving the Constitution and civil rights? Why all of sudden do these people come out of nowhere and shamefully shirk off any decency that conservative people have? This was a stain on our government system that will never be erased until Jesus comes back. And Vice President Pence had to be the one to break the 50/50 tie in the Senate. That is a first as well. 

Then again, this is all prophecy being fulfilled...

So many things are happening right now, and it only makes me want to pray more and trust in God to get us through. If there is one consolation in the midst of all this evil, it is God Who cannot lie, Who does not change his mind, and Who is watching. 

The hour is late, and Jesus is coming to catch us away in the air. Are you saved? Are you ready for Jesus' return? See this page for how to be born again.