Friday, December 11, 2020

COVID-19, Christ and Christmas: A Compilation

I get to write in my blog again! In case I haven't "seen" you, I am currently doing well, my health is good (thank God) and things seem steady. PRAISE THE LORD no one in my household has contracted COVID-19. 

I was prescribed another medication for my high cholesterol and I already take diuretics for my blood pressure. It scares me a bit that I need these since God has always blessed me with good health, but me being in my mid-50's must be the reason. The body, being sinful, is always dying slowly, but I am still thankful that God helps me with with my health. I had better be grateful, because God can take it away in a heartbeat (pun intended) if I don't serve and obey Him, as a child of God should. 

I am also taking some of the vitamin supplements that I had put aside (thank God I didn't get rid of them as I was going to) because a friend recommended that I take Vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin D3 and Turmeric. These are supposed to build one's immunity, and for such a time as this it's important to have these in your diet to keep you well. Even though I know, as I said, that God gives me good health, I still must do my part to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and to keep this temple of the Holy Spirit in good working order. 

Sitting at home makes you think of raiding the fridge. I know this all too well. After my surgeries I had to recover in bed and couldn't get out of the house. That's why I was up to 201 lbs last year after my knee surgery, and God knows how many the year before that when I had the hysterectomy. So I am used to being heavy, but not used to having liver/kidney/heart issues. I'm not as young as I used to be, but my brain thinks I am. Dumb old brain.

I know that the COVID-19 vaccines are being tested and are about ready to be distributed, but I have no idea when. I am skeptical about getting it, because I don't trust anyone in today's goverment to take care of my health. Since the vaccine doesn't have any traces of the COVID-19 virus itself in it, there's a red flag. Isn't that what vaccines have, such as the flu shot? The flu shot has inactive virus in it to build immunity to that virus. The COVID vaccine does not, but contains a plethora of other mixtures and God knows what else. Doesn't it take years of tests, trial and error to make a vaccine that actually works for most people? I am determined to refuse it until it's been around a number of years and PROVES the benefits outweigh the risks. No thank you, I'll keep just my two arms, I don't need a third one!

So that's all I can think of right now. I don't care who sees or likes this post, I am just writing to pass away the time. It's almost Christmas and this COVID stuff is not going away. It's enough to make you mad (crazy), let alone all the hype and stress of buying gifts for others, the repetitive, maddening Christmas songs on the radio, the gluttony and alcoholism of Christmas parties, and that evil Satan Claus is the god of this time of year... and all the while COVID-19 is still claiming thousands of lives per day. It's all of the Devil!! We're in the last of the last days, folks!! Thank God, though, I can go to Jesus and tell Him all my woes, and thank Him for all His blessings. It's all too easy to get worked up and depressed, but God wants me to encourage others and serve Him. 

Speaking of which, I'd like to ask you a question. Do you know where you're going when you die? I mentioned that the body is always dying: from birth to death, time and age reign in our mortal bodies. The Bible says, And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27 KJB). There is a day when you will die, friend, unless you get saved and see the Rapture BEFORE you die. 

It may sound complicated, but it really is very simple. If you just realize in yourself that you are a sinner, that you can't go to Heaven on your own merit, and that your soul IS destined for an eternity in Hell, then I am glad to tell you that Jesus Christ is the Way to Heaven. He shed His blood for YOU on the cross at Calvary. He died, was buried, and is now risen, sitting at the right hand of God the Father, making intercession for His children in their prayers, and waiting for His command to come and take His children home. 

You can be saved, right now, this minute. If you simply believe that Christ died for you, was buried and rose again (this is the simple Gospel) then you WILL have a place reserved in Heaven. See this page for more details.

HOW TO BE SAVED